In 2017 I want to focus on getting to know the footpaths and trails of Essex, with a few excursions out of the county to walk with friends.
- Hike the Essex Way for Essex Girls ~ 81 miles ~ within 5 days
8th March 2017: Hike The Essex Way in aid of Essex Women’s Advisory Group, starting on International Women’s Day.
Complete! Here’s my post about it >
- Masters of the Universe do The Essex Jailbreak ~ 22 miles ~ within 15 hours
8th April 2017: Chelmsford to Colne Engaine in aid of Colne Engaine Youth Club
Sadly the event was cancelled so we took an 8 mile walk locally instead.
- Ridley Round ~ 13 miles
- John Ray Walk ~ 9 miles
- Beating the Bounds ~ 16 miles
- Flitch Way ~ 15 miles
- Mersea Island coastline ~ 13 miles
- Roach Valley Way ~ 23 miles
- St Peter’s Way ~ 41 miles
- Saffron Trail ~ 72 miles
- Hadrian’s Wall ~ 70 miles ~ within 7 days
I was hoping to hike this in June this year but due to some tendonitis in my achilles I’ve put it back to the Autumn or possibly 2018.
- Part of The South Downs Way ~ a short day’s walk
Complete! We had very little ones with us so it was just a 5km amble from Firle Beacon to Alfriston for a pub lunch. It was worth the journey to spend time with old friends, one of whom is section-hiking all 100 miles of the South Downs Way in her 40th year!